INDIA - TOURIST VISA
India Visa Application Form
The form is in PDF format. When you have downloaded the form, please print it out and fill it in using a black pen. Kindly ensure all the fields of the visa application form are completely filled out before submitting. If a question does not apply, please write ‘N/A’. You must fill out the form using BLOCK CAPITALS.DOWNLOAD THE FORM
Embassy Holidays 2017
Indian Visa and Consular Services Centre in the UK will close for business on the following public holidays in 2019.
|01 January||Tuesday||New Year’s Day|
|19 April||Friday||Good Friday|
|15 August||Wednesday||Independence Day|
|02 October||Wednesday||Mahatma Gandhi's Birthday|
|12 November||Friday||Guru Nanak’s Birthday|
|25 December||Wednesday||Christmas Day|
|26 December||Thursday||Boxing Day|
Visa Fees Increased
The government of India has increased the consular and visa fee for all services effective 1 February 2017. The average increase in fee is 10%. Please check the prices section below for more details.
How To Make An Application
Download the visa form
Download the visa application form from this web page. The form can be downloaded by clicking here. You can then save it to your computer.Download Application
Fill out form by hand
Print out and begin filling in the form with a black pen. If you have any questions regarding the form, please call us for advice free of charge. We are more than happy to help you.
Send it to us
Send the application and your passport to us along with any additional documents mentioned on the form. It is best to post it using a secure service such as Royal Mail Special Delivery or another courier company.
What To Include In An Application
1. A completed Indian Visa Application Form
If you are unable to download the application form call us and we will send you a hard copy by post. The application may be filled out by hand. Please ensure the signature is identical to the one in your passport.
2. Two passport photographs
The photos should be recent, good quality, identical and (50mm x 50mm) taken against a white background (the background must be white!). If you cannot get a photo yourself then we can print them for you from a digital file. Simply email us a clear photo of the applicant and we can process them for a £5 fee.
3. Your valid original passport(s)
It must be valid for at least the next 6 months when you apply for the visa, with at least two blank pages remaining. The passport should be in acceptable condition. If not there is a chance your application will be rejected.
4. Any additional documents
You may need to send some additional documentation under certain circumstances (for example if you do not hold a UK passport). Please see the additional documents list below to help you find out if you need to include anything else. After that you are ready to submit your application.
Additional Documents You May Need To Include
Non-UK nationals will also need to provide a copy of the following documents as proof of his/her stay in the UK for the past 2 years :
- Indefinite UK Visa stamp. OR
- Utility bills pertaining to current month, AND one utility bill for at least two years back (but not older than 30 months). Utility bills include only landline telephone, gas, electricity, water, and Council tax bills. Any other bills and tenancy agreements, bank statements/credit card statements will NOT be considered as proof of stay. Mix and match of the utility bills is not acceptable.
- If you cannot proof your 2 years’ residence in the UK, you are treated as non UK national and your application takes up to 15 working days. You must supplement your application with a Non-UK passport holders form (available on this website).
- Please note Non EU nationals need to hold a UK visa valid for more than 6 months from the date they are applying.
- If an applicant is under 16 years old and requires a visa, parents are requested to send in a copy of the child’s birth certificate (the page that includes parental details) and a letter signed from both parents (or legal guardians) indicating permission for the child to travel. Parents are also requested to send a copy of their passports. Please do not send the originals, just send us copies of these documents.
- Self employed applicants will also need to submit a ‘Letter of Undertaking’ stating that they are self-employed, confirming that the purpose of their visit to India is purely for tourism and that they will not be engaging in professional activities during their stay. This letter must be addressed to the High Commission of India, India House, Aldwych, London and not to our company.
For applicants that were born in India or that previously held Indian nationality the following is also required:
- A copy of a Surrender Certificate for the previous Indian passport, or
- If you do not have it please write a letter addressed to Indian High Commission, India House, Aldwich, London, WC2B 4NA4NA stating that you do not have this including the reasons, and
- A copy of your previous Indian visa, if previously held.
- For Media related professionals, Police or Armed Forces, Commercial Pilots, Charity Workers and/or clergy persons visiting India for Tourism:
- You will also need to supply a letter from your employer stating your travel and visit to India is purely for tourism and that you will not be engaging in professional activities during your stay.
- Please note that there is an additional £64.05 Visa fee for Media related applications.
INIDA - TOURIST VISA - PRICES
NOTE : If it is important for you that the application begins processing at the embassy the day we receive it then we need to recieve the application between 9.00am and 9.30am on a working day. If we receive the application outside of this window then the application can not be submitted until the next working day.
Non-UK passport holders
If you are a non-UK passport holder and do not have proof of two years residence in the UK the case will be treated as a referral which can take up to 15 working days. In this case your application must be supported by this form.Non-UK form
Restricted areas within India
Applicants travelling to restricted or protected areas (Port Blair/Andaman-Nicobar/Sikkim) must complete the additional form for a Restricted Area Permit. Granting the ‘Restricted Area Permit’ is subject to the Embassy’s discretion.Restricted area form
POSTING THE APPLICATION
Where to post it?
When you have gathered all of the required documents you can send the application to us by any method you wish. We recommend using Royal Mail’s special delivery services or if you prefer another courier service that’s fine too. If you live close by, you may consider bringing it in to our offices in person. Regardless of the method, if we receive the application before 9.30am on a week day, we can begin processing that day. You should send the full visa application package to:India Visa 24 36 Old Jewry, 6th Floor,
Becket House, London EC2R 8DD
You will need special photos
The embassy does not accept standard passport sized photographs, the type normally obtained in a photo booth. Instead, the embassy have set out a specific requirements; Two identical photos of 50x50mm (2"x2") in size. If you cannot get the photos yourself then we can convert 45x35mm physical copies or emailed images for a service charge of £5 for a set of six photos.
If you like to save time you can also email us a clear photo of the applicant and we will process it.
The requirements are as follows :
Your photograph needs to be exactly 50x50mm.
The photo should capture your full face directly from the front with your eyes open. The head should be in the centre of the frame. There should be no distracting shadows on the face or background.
The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous tone and printed on proper photographic paper.
Is it acceptable?
The embassy has strict guidelines regarding what they consider to be an acceptable passport. If they deem it unacceptable the application will be aborted and you may lose your application fee.
It should also meet the following conditions:
Valid from/to 6 months
The passport should be valid for at least another 6 months. If it is due to expire before then, you will need to get a new passport. Additionally, if the passport was issued less than 6 months ago, you will need to include your previous passport with the application.
The passport needs to have two completely free pages facing each other in order for the visa to be stamped in. If you do not have two pages side by side, then you will need to get a new passport.
Country : UK passport
You must hold a valid UK passport in order to apply under the standard conditions. If you hold another type of passport, please see the additional documentation section on this page to find out what else you need to include.
PAYMENT METHODS -
GETTING YOUR VISA BACK
There are three different ways to receive your passport and visa when the process is complete. You can select the option on the order form that you download and print out from this web page. The options are:
- Cash : You can pay by cash upon submission or collection of your passport. You can also send us the cash payment with your application, we would then recommend sending this via recorded mail.
- Cheque: You can include a cheque or postal order with the application making it payable to VISA 24.
- Bank Transfer: You or your company can pay by bank transfer by choosing “Bank Transfer” on the payment options on our order form. You will then receive an email from us with our bank details and an itemised invoice.
- If we receive your application by 9.45 then it will be submitted the same day.
- This would then be the first processing day in the process.
- If you are sending your package with Royal Mail, you must use the 9am delivery option for the application to go in the same day.
- This is dependent on your choice of visa. Single Entry Indian visas are valid for entry within 3 months from the date the visa issued.
- Double Entry Visas allow you to enter twice within 6 months whilst Multiple Entry Visas are valid for either 6 months or 12 -24 months starting from the date it was issued.
- Single Entry Visa means that you are allowed to enter the country once and Multiple Entry Visa means you can enter the country multiple times from the date your visa starts until the date your visa expires.
- You will need to send us a valid passport.
- The Indian visa will be applied to your passport, so please make sure you have 2 free pages on your passport before you apply.
- You are advised to send your application by a secure method such as Special Delivery or courier.
- For urgent service, you must get your passport to us before 9:00 am using Royal Mail 9:00 am Special Delivery, courier of your choice, or you can drop off your application in person.
- We are unable to submit your application to the Embassy after 10:00 am.
- You will find the delivery options on the order form.
- You can either collect it from our offices or have a courier/friend pick it up.
- This is a total of the processing time and the delivery time combined.
- If you use normal turnaround you should expect your passport back within a week and a half.
- If you travel in less than 14 days, please use the Express Service.
- Yes, it is all inclusive, there are no extra costs except those ones stated on our website and order form.
- Our Prices include the Embassy Fee, Service Fee and VAT.
- However you will need to pay for the delivery option of your choice.
- If you want your passport returned to you sent by post, please see our order form for more options.
- Send us an email at email@example.com. Include your postal address or fax number in your request and we will send you the form.
- Alternatively call us free of charge on 08000845037 Mon-Fri 9am – 5.30pm.
- If you should cancel your application after it has been submitted, it can take up to 3-4 days for the embassy to release it.
- Please note that Visa24 will not charge a service fee for a cancelled application, however fees charged by the Embassy will still apply.
- If you have problems with the online visa application form you can download and fill the PDF visa application form provided.
- The Indian visa is valid from the day it is granted.
- If one or both of your parents are Indian nationals, then you can obtain the long term visa.
- This will require supplying a copy of your birth certificate and a copy of the Indian passport of your parent.
- This is the only way to obtain a long term visa if you have a parent who is an Indian national.
Visa24 is not affiliated with the government of India. If you want to apply for a visa directly with the Indian Embassy, you can make an appointment to go in person.
Click here for the Indian Embassy website in the United Kingdom.
S ince we receive a lot of questions about getting an Indian visa, we have created this informal guide about Indian tourist visa or Indian travel visa. Traditionally, you have had to visit the Indian High Commission in London to start the application process for your Indian visitor visa. This required making an appointment first, visiting the High Commission at least two times, filling out the India visa form, and spending long hours traveling and waiting in line, resulting in lost income due to missing a couple of days from work.
A s air travel prices came down, the popularity of this great country has grown and demand for a tourist visa to India has increased a lot but there was still only one place to get the Indian visa UK wide. This meant longer and longer waiting time and has put the pressure on officials to come up with an alternative solution. A new, more convenient method for getting a visa for India was implemented.They have allowed visa agencies like Visa 24 to file visa applications instead of the person who is traveling.
N ow all you need to do is to download and fill out an application for your tourist visa for India, send in the form along with your passport, photograph, and any additional documents – you can find the exact documents required higher on this page – pay a small service fee on top of the Consular Indian visa fees and you are all set. Instead of having just one place to get India visa UK wide, you can now save all the time used to be lost on travel and also save your lost revenue from work.
S top reading all the confusing information online about how to get an Indian visa and let us do the work for you. We will review all the paperwork before submitting and ensure that your application process will be smooth and you won’t lose precious time due to missing paperwork. Once your Indian tourist visa is ready, we will send it to you or notify you that it is ready to be picked up, depending on which method you have chosen for getting your passport back.