Documents which are to be used overseas often need to be prepared or certified by a notary. Notaries are authorised to prepare and certify the signing of many different types of document. Notaries are internationally recognised and are primarily concerned with the authentication and certification of signatures, but also conduct general legal practice.

We can advise you on whether your document will be valid just with the notarisation or whether it also needs to be legalised at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office with an apostille. For example for China the documents also require Consular legalisation in order to be accepted. We attend to legalisation both at the Foreign Office and Consulates using standard or priority services depending on your needs. Each consulate has different requirements and different turn around times but we will keep you updated each step of the way.

Additional information

Where have extensive experience supporting a wide range of Notarisation services. For both personal or Business costumers Here are some of mostly used documents that we are typically required to be notarized:
- Powers of Attorney
- Affidavits
- Verification of Educational Certificates
- Change of Name Deeds
- Declarations of Single Status for Marriage
- Property documents for use abroad
- Permission for children travelling with a lone parent or other relatives
- Statutory Declarations
- Certified Translations
- Retirement Life Certificates
- Adoption Papers
- Sponsorship Declarations
- Bank Instruction Letters Certificates of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Corporate Powers of Attorney
- Certificates of Good Standing
- Verification of Company Director/ Secretary signatures
- Affidavits and Statutory Declarations
- Documents issued by regulatory bodies in the UK (eg. MHRA/ EMA issued documents; CIMA issued documents)
- Authentication of documents required for opening a foreign bank acc
- Registers of members and directors

This list is not exhaustive and there are numerous other documents that may require notarisation. If you have such a document that you believe requires notarising, please contact us and we will be able to help.

How it works


Complete the order form below and attach or email a copy of your document to get a quote


Check your quote and approve with your order, make payment for your order


Send documents to us. In some cases the applicant must attend in person and must carry an official ID and proof of address for verification.


The costs of notarisation vary depending on the type of document which it is to be notarised. We can make an estimated cost by pre-viewing the documents upon request. Contact us and send us a copy of the document by e-mail or complete the order form below to send you a quote.

Certified Copies

We are able to provide certified copies of passports, driving licences, degree certificates, medical qualifications and many more document that require to be certified. The cost of Certified copies is £10 per document

Frequently Asked Questions

What services does a Notary provide?
A Notary, can authenticate or witness most documents. A Notary can also arrange legalisation or obtain Apostilles, if needed. You will often require the services of a Notary Public when you have documents which are needed to be used abroad. The Notary's signature and seal will verify to the authorities in that country that any relevant checks have been carried out and that the document has been properly signed.
What ID should I bring when I come to Notary Public office?
Following the implementation of the Money Laundering Regulations 2003, notaries are now obliged to keep sufficient evidence on their files of the identity and the address of all their clients before they undertake any work. Each person whose signature they are to certify must provide one of the following original identification documents at the time of the appointment. - Passport - Driving licence (with photo card) - National identity card (EEA state members) - An armed forces pass (with photo and signature) - Firearms licence (with photo and signature) - Other government issue ID (with photo and signature) - Residence permit - Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency In addition, they require proof of residence, which can be one of the following original documents: - Bank statement or letter from bank - Utility bill or council tax bill (not mobile phone bill) - Tenancy agreement or Housing Association rent card - Inland revenue tax demand or self assessment statement - When a Notary Public is acting for a corporate client, evidence of the due incorporation of the company or entity is required. This can be one of the following documents: - Extract from the company register - Certificate of incorporation - Latest report and audited accounts - Up to date certified copy of partnership agreement - Evidence of being regulated by a regulatory body such as the Law Society or FSA. In addition to the above, each individual signatory will need to produce one of the identification documents mentioned above.
What is an Affadavit?
An affidavit is a sworn statement made under oath.
Why do I need bank statements?
You may be required to produce bank statements as a record of the balance in your bank account and the amounts that have been paid into it and withdrawn from it, for a specific period of time.
Do you notarise birth certificates?
As with death certificates, birth certificates are issued by the General Register Office and we can assist you in obtaining copies of birth certificates. Please note: all original documents (such as Articles of Association, Baptism and Birth Certificates) can be legalised with the Apostille directly but photocopies of originals cannot be legalised by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office. We can expedite this process for you.
What it a CNI?
This is a CNI, or Certificate of Naturalisation Certificate Of No Impediment. It is required as proof that you are free to marry. If you're from the UK, you can obtain your birth certificate from your local Registry Office, or if you live outside the UK, your nearest British Embassy or Consulate can help you obtain the certificate. Please remember that only original documents can be legalised by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and sometimes, it's very difficult to determine the signatures of officials on original documents, especially if they were issued before 1991. You may be required to wait longer for legalisation while all attempts are made to verify the signature (which is not always successful.) We can help you with this process.
What is a Change Of Name deed?
You may have changed your name by deed poll after a marriage or a divorce or you may not have signed a deed poll, but it is required in order to apply for, or amend your passport or driving licence.

Contact us to arrange your deed poll or for assistance in applying for personal documents.
Death Certificate
The General Register Offices issues Death Certificates and copies of death certificates. We can legalise original documents by Apostille, directly however the Foreign and Commonwealth Office do not accept photocopies for legalisation.
What is a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) document?
Criminal Records Bureau checks are required by a number of different organisations, employers and countries. The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) has merged with the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) becoming the new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The individual being checked by the DBS will receive the results of the check, as well as their employer or organisation that applied for it. If successful, the DBS sends a certificate to the applicant which the employer or organisation will request to see.
Do you notarise Finger Prints?
You may be required to submit finger print records for visa applications, emigration or employment checks. We frequently notarise fingerprints.
How do I get photocopies of my passport Apostilled?
We can certify and notarise copies of your passport which is required in order to fix an apostille on your passport.
What is Probate?
Probate is the term used to describe the submission of an application to court to manage a deceased person’s affairs. If you are named as an executor of someone's Last Will and Testament, you are required to obtain a Grant of Probate. This gives you authority to oversee the deceased’s affairs.
Can you notarise Student Documents?
We notarise student documents such as Enrolment Verifications and Degree Verifications as well as administering oaths, drafting and certifying affidavits for student clients.
Copyright © 2014 Visa24 London Ltd. All rights reserved.